Old Goats Ride

ndaand

Retro Guru
Hello all. There was a vintage mountain bike ride in Chico, CA last weekend, the "Old Goat Ride". Charlie Kelly was in town and was the celeb rider along with Jeff Lindsay. I'd guess there were at least 50 or 60 riders with a lot of classics, including a couple of the first handful of goats made (that I didn't get a picture of, of course). Here are a few picts I did get.

Attachments

• MGRU06x.jpg
    MGRU06x.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 659
  • MGRU04x.jpg
    MGRU04x.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 659
  • MGRU03x.jpg
    MGRU03x.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 659
  • MGRU02x.jpg
    MGRU02x.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 659
  • MGRU01x.jpg
    MGRU01x.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 659
Re:

Additional

Attachments

• MGRU11x.jpg
    MGRU11x.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 657
  • MGRU10x.jpg
    MGRU10x.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 657
  • MGRU09x.jpg
    MGRU09x.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 657
  • MGRU08x.jpg
    MGRU08x.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 657
  • MGRU07x.jpg
    MGRU07x.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 656
Nice herd of Goats. What's the red and yellow bike with the U-brake behind the yellow Goat, not the Fisher tandem, the other one?

606":3llolhky said:
Nice herd of Goats. What's the red and yellow bike with the U-brake behind the yellow Goat, not the Fisher tandem, the other one?

I would hazard a guess at a mid 80's Fisher, possibly a Teesdale?

Loving the Goat with the flame paint finish and it just happens to be sporting one of my favourite tyres too :cool:

Re:

I'm not positive, but it is probably the shop owners Fisher Competition. http://www.pullinschico.com/#!
He has several vintage bikes on a wall rack and I've looked it over before. Check the gallery section on the web site. The tandem is also a Teesdale build. He sold Fishers leading up to TREK buyout, in fact I bought a Prometheus there in the early 90's that was left over.

Cheers. Yes, that seems to be correct. It actually looks better when imagining what the unseen components are. Nice Salsa too.

That's cool. Building my Trench Goat atm. Not enough Goats in Holland to organize a ride I am afraid.

Back