Official recommended or not paint-shop thread.

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":3h6c37sx said:
Since this thread has recently been referenced feel free to add more and I'll update the list. :cool:
As he said looking for powder coaters in Essex / Suffolk

I used to use Armourtex in East London but the last frame they powdercoated for me didn't come out as good as I hoped, so I'm also looking for recommendations in Essex.

oaklec":12802nw5 said:
I used to use Armourtex in East London but the last frame they powdercoated for me didn't come out as good as I hoped, so I'm also looking for recommendations in Essex.
Thanks ,thats who i was thinking of using.

Re:

Was looking for someone local to spray up my '94 Specialized frame/forks/stem, possibly two colours (it's not gonna be a period correct build, something different)
What's your thought on this from a local spray paint shop.. :shock:

''Hi Graham,
Thanks for your enquiry, it's a little difficult to give an accurate idea of price as there would be a difference in what type of colour you require i.e. Metallic/Pearl/candy and color amounts so I will quote for 2 metallic colours. For that your looking at £400-£500 that will also include dipping and blasting the old paint.''

Re: Re:

Graham_hkr":30juv0t2 said:
Was looking for someone local to spray up my '94 Specialized frame/forks/stem, possibly two colours (it's not gonna be a period correct build, something different)
What's your thought on this from a local spray paint shop.. :shock:

''Hi Graham,
Thanks for your enquiry, it's a little difficult to give an accurate idea of price as there would be a difference in what type of colour you require i.e. Metallic/Pearl/candy and color amounts so I will quote for 2 metallic colours. For that your looking at £400-£500 that will also include dipping and blasting the old paint.''

By "2 metallic colours" do they mean gold and platinum plated? :shock:

Back