Odd ebay address possibly invalidates insurance

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Just sold a frame on ebay and on the order its got house number and road, but then under it is 'deliver to no** if not in.'

I send it and he isnt in and the postie takes it to the stated house, who signs for it, or its delivered to, but what happens then if the seller claims its not arrived :?.

Its probably legit, but having please deliver elsewhere seems odd. 2011 account, not a huge feedback but 100% and the buyer is retty clueless as to building up a frame. Delivering to Belfast.

Cancel the whole thing ? apologize and say that bit invalidates my papal/ebay insurance or such :?

I asked him about it and he replied with another build question, seemingly ignoring my specific why leave at such and such

Or an i just being too paranoid.

Re:

Sounds dodgy to me, but if it's in the actual address like that and he's not just asking you to do it, maybe you're covered? It is his official eBay address after all, and that's where you're supposed to post it to. Maybe just edit that line out?

If it is the address on the Eby order details then you are covered, doesnt matter who signs, eby only need an attempted delivery conformation to class the transaction as complete. Though if it was me i would probably just send to his address and miss the extra bit off, he can always go and collect it. Its got to be the address ebay gives you, check it against the print postage label off address too.

I agree, if its on the ebay address order, its probably ok, and likely to do with the po safe space or such, which itself is ok.

I have cancelled it though, mainly as i cant get enough cardboard to make a box big enough, and nobody has any surprisingly enough.
Note to all. Think all the parts though.

Back