NWA: Rivington Re-visited ~ 21/01/12 - AFTERMATH (pg 6)

Post code now added to 1st page

PR6 9HA

This will get you to the Yew Tree Inn which is a nats whisker away from the meeting point.

andybag":yk33qn21 said:
that will be great i know around these parts because i deliver for asda but never done this ride lookin forward :D
this is the bike i hope will get round its a raleigh m400 frame & forks and the rest is bits found lying around the man cave the tyres were free from cannock ride valentines 2011 frame was stripped and polished.also had to stitch weld the headset because it spilt so hoping it holds out should get some pionts for bodging skills

Looks good, I didnt get the pics on my phone at work, are they Marin cantis?

I've seen Andy's welding jobs and they're usually over the top, it'll last.

stewlewis":yk33qn21 said:
I'll be joining too, think the Kona might get an outing, it has only 7 cogs, thumb shifters, skinwall tyres, and flat pedals which are modern but may get changed as I'm used to spuds and may die with flashbacks of BMX/pedal/shin incidents of old.

cool that reminds me of my old Kilauea 1994, the first bike I rode at Rivington.

Lets hope we get weather like today

20120114-133222.jpg

Click Here For Route Map

Despite all my best attempts to ruin it, today's recce went really well, everything rode(/slithered) nicely and the way martin's got it planned means the worst of the climbing is done before lunch and there's a 3/5ths bail out point, 200 downhill yards to the cars just after the lunch stop :cool:

The man's smooth, enjoy yourselves, very sad not to be there again next week.

videojetman":2wz564c7 said:
i think i'd like to join in, do you park in the yew tree car park ?

It'll great to have you along Jeff.

I think the plan is to park up on the road on the reservoir dam. It's just down the road (to the east) of the Yew Tree Pub.

I'm sure HarryCrumb will be able to confirm that.

I'm in south lake district this week, so only about 1hr 20mins away.

Still planning on coming :cool:

Will be on fatbike though :shock:

drystonepaul":dqd6p6z1 said:
videojetman":dqd6p6z1 said:
i think i'd like to join in, do you park in the yew tree car park ?

It'll great to have you along Jeff.

I think the plan is to park up on the road on the reservoir dam. It's just down the road (to the east) of the Yew Tree Pub.

I'm sure HarryCrumb will be able to confirm that.

parking on the road along the dam, plenty of room at 10am

Not pictured in that gorgeous shot above is the bitter wind that nearly took my ears off :eek: Don't forget your windproofs folks ;)

Fortunately I was fine thanks to Martin's flask of Bovril! :LOL:

Back