NWA: Macclesfield Forest - 31/01/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll bring my very long extention lead and hair dryer.

I'll ask Sarah and Sammy too. any word off Woody?

Stally":1q5kjw6q said:
any word off Woody?

Been catching up on some very much needed sleep fella !! Yeah I should be able to make sunday for my 2nd recce ride this week .....god I hope its easier than the my first recce ride ;)

I will hopefully be up charity way tomorrow and Thursday so will report back. The Thursday just gone charity was only passable carrying the bike. IMHO its going to be like that until the start of March.

Rick Draper":173dqk7n said:
I will hopefully be up charity way tomorrow and Thursday so will report back. The Thursday just gone charity was only passable carrying the bike. IMHO its going to be like that until the start of March.

Alot of the off road sections are still pretty much snowbound at the moment, and with no viable alternative routes I'm wondering whether the best option is to postpone this ride.
I realise that many of you will be travelling a fair distance to get here, so I'd hate for you not to get a good ride in, when there is an excellent ride lurking underneath 3 or 4 foot of snow.
I'll be out on Thursday checking all the sections and come to a final decision then.
There is an alternative route I have in mind which could work. Same start point. I will let everyone know soon...

drystonepaul":1akkmy6z said:
Rick Draper":1akkmy6z said:

Alot of the off road sections are still pretty much snowbound at the moment, and with no viable alternative routes I'm wondering whether the best option is to postpone this ride.
I realise that many of you will be travelling a fair distance to get here, so I'd hate for you not to get a good ride in, when there is an excellent ride lurking underneath 3 or 4 foot of snow.
I'll be out on Thursday checking all the sections and come to a final decision then.
There is an alternative route I have in mind which could work. Same start point. I will let everyone know soon...
If thats the case Paul we could do a recce Sunday of Gisburn instead.

Need to ride on 31st - don't get many passports out! As long as we can park somewhere in the vicinity I am happy to try and make this a goer :D

If we all just go for it , the charity lane section is a 35 minute push over the snow and maybe the same on the track opposite the cat&fiddle. Its upto DSP the bossman though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back