NOW SOLD - 1994 David Lloyd 650 Reynolds 731 OS - F & F

PeterPerfect

Senior Retro Guru
This frame is spectacular with one of the nicest paint jobs I've ever seen.

It's a turquoise/green flip pearlescent paint with half chromed rear stays that are stamped David Lloyd.

The top of the rear stays are also stamped David Lloyd as are the stays on the front forks.

It has internal routing cabling. 2 bottle holders.

Comes complete with the new and unused Shimano STX headset as seen in the pictures.

It's a Reynolds 731 OS frame and forks.

Takes a 650 size wheel.

I have never seen one of these before but know that they went through a phase of being extremely desirable.

I suspect there may be more of this colour scheme but each one must be unique in its' own way.

The condition is incredible. The frame number dates it to 1994. It was wrapped in 1995 and has not seen the light of day since.

Seat tube is 56 cm from centre of BB to top of tube. Top tube is 54 cm centre to centre. Head tube is 16.5 cm. I'm afraid I'm not very good at geometry of the frame.

Condition wise I would say 9.5 out of 10. There is a very small chip to the underside of one of the rear stays that is not visible when it would be ridden. Also a very small blemish on the top of the crown on the right hand side of the front fork.

This is the link for the photos. Unfortunately they don't do it any justice at all. I will try to get some better ones.

http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/pete1 ... 20731%20OS

I will reluctantly post this but I would prefer collection from the GL5 area of Stroud, Gloucestershire. It will be an additional £25 due to the amount of packing I'll need and the correct level of insurance.

No dibs. I have had bad experiences of late with members placing a dibs on the thread and then me doing all the chasing.

Payment by Bank Transfer only or cash on collection.

£185.00 collected.

Also listed on the CTC forum.

Attachments

• IMG_0445 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0445 (Small).JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 866
Re:

I managed to delete the frame number with all the editing that went on prior to submission. The frame number is: LL 94 940.

Re: Price Reduction

Having taken some advice on this, I have adjusted the price to £250 collected,; £275 posted to standard UK post codes.

Re:

What advantage / disadvantage do 650 wheels have compared to 700's?

I ask this for two reasons; One, I am only about 20 miles away and two, I am looking for a Concept '90.

Re:

Weren't 650 size mostly used in time trialling?
I had a little Quintana Roo TT bike that was 650c, excellent fun if a little unstable when compared to a 700c bike.
I had forgotten what a pretty little thing it was :D

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 683
Back