nothing to see here

purplewicked":1pqxwuf4 said:
i think that wicked is a 17(was there a 17?). looks lower than my 18.

no 17 in 1988, at least not according to the catalog. I believe it to be the 16.5 as list in the catalog; now that you stated it is lower than your 18, I'm nearly certain it's the 16.5.

GoldenEraMTB":3qc2vog1 said:
purplewicked":3qc2vog1 said:

no 17 in 1988, at least not according to the catalog. I believe it to be the 16.5 as list in the catalog; now that you stated it is lower than your 18, I'm nearly certain it's the 16.5.

mine has a 22.25 virtual top tube. talking about forks.. i find the 71º head angle from the wicked a bit too much on slippery, tight, eroded stuff. the vicious fork raises the front end by 2cm and relaxes the head angle. that's maybe why it feels better on those trails.

purplewicked":jm5kbkwp said:
GoldenEraMTB":jm5kbkwp said:
purplewicked":jm5kbkwp said:

mine has a 22.25 virtual top tube. talking about forks.. i find the 71º head angle from the wicked a bit too much on slippery, tight, eroded stuff. the vicious fork raises the front end by 2cm and relaxes the head angle. that's maybe why it feels better on those trails.

perhaps, though I find with my riding style, a degree or cm here or there does not make a ton of difference...with all the different positions/angles I place my body....well, I shouldn't say a degree- that's big.

It would make more of a difference on a road bike, where maintaining a position with your body is a must...the geometry of the frame/fork is much more significant.

My dinosaur....

Cool site. Here's my ancient (I think 1987 or 198:cool: GT Timberline All Terra.
I like the crackle paint. Check the original Tioga Farmer John and Farmer John's cousin tires...since replaced with hybrid tires. I didn't ride this from about '92 till last year. Even the brake pads are original.

Mike

Attachments

• rsz_gt_001.jpg
    rsz_gt_001.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 1,593
  • rsz_gt_003.jpg
    rsz_gt_003.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 1,593
  • rsz_gt_006.jpg
    rsz_gt_006.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 1,593
  • rsz_gt_005.jpg
    rsz_gt_005.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 1,593
Re: My dinosaur....

OldSchoolMike":bl2ojy9x said:
Cool site. Here's my ancient (I think 1987 or 198:cool: GT Timberline All Terra.
I like the crackle paint. Check the original Tioga Farmer John and Farmer John's cousin tires...since replaced with hybrid tires. I didn't ride this from about '92 till last year. Even the brake pads are original.

Mike

Hi mike, why don't you start your own thread on your bike. I don't get the connection to my fat which is the topic of this thread. thanks for sharing and welcome to the site.

here's a link:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=6

just click that, then click the "post new topic" button.

my favourite part is the spoke reflectors. i think i still have some from collecting them out of kellog cornflake packets.

really nice period build.

Back