Not very retro Pace...

Quick update on this. The wife was after a new bike and I missed the C2W scheme at work because I was on holiday so decided to build the Pace back up for her.

Will be similar to the original pictures at the start i.e. wheels, forks, rear mech and some other bits till I get some new forks for my Trek and she can have the RC41s on it then. Will have some Hope Tech M4s on and managed to score a RaceFace Atlas AM crank on ebay in purple to go with the Atlas AM bars I got her in purple as well. Everything else will be black I think.

Looking forward to it as this was a lovely bike to ride and couldn't bring myself to sell it thankfully.

mountainloz":1xn9xuhz said:
That's gonna look great!
You know where I am if you need me :)

The purple is in homage to her Zaskar. Ordered a ton of stuff last night from various places. Only short a black stem but working on that.

Will be in touch sir.

Here is the start of it. Been cleaning the frame up and what have you as it was still filthy from last time I went out on it.

9077edaf.jpg

Parts to go on wil be as follows though these will change going forward as a lot of the parts are off a mates bike who still needs stuff.

Frame: Pace RC303 XCAM 17.5"

Fork: Pace RC41 XCAM

Headset: FSA Semi Integrated
Stem: Thomson Elite X4 90mm 10 deg rise
Handlebar: RaceFace Atlas AM - 725mm - Purple
Grips: Octane One - Black/Indigo

Brakes: Hope Tech M4
Brake Pads: Hope Sintered
Brake Hoses: Goodridge White Braided
Brake Levers: Hope Tech Levers

Shifters: SRAM X.0
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT
Rear Derailleur: SRAM X.0
Derailleur Cables: Jagwire - white
Cassette: Shimano
Chain: KMC X9L
Cranks: RaceFace Atlas AM - Purple
Chainrings: RaceFace
Chainring bolts: RaceFace
Bottom Bracket: RaceFace External
Pedals: Shimano MX30

Hub Skewers: Hope Titanium - Purple
Rims: Alex TD17
Hubs: Shimano M475
Tyres: Michelin 2.3
Tubes: Schwalbe

Saddle: Parts Bin Special
Seatpost: Thomson Elite
Seatpost Binder: Parts Bin Black

Some bits for it that turned up today. Got the crank for 60. Surprised or maybe nobody likes purple.

08b83b28.jpg

Stuck some stuff on now. Short a mount fro the front caliper so probably going to leave it here as also waiting on forks for the Trek as it is donating its forks to this.

Brake isn't mine so not removing the hose to route it properly as it will be replaced shortly.

Pace303a.jpg

Bit more progress. Been too busy this weekend to get any further but at least the brakes are bled. Lidl stand appears to be alright as well.

4d148f1a.jpg

Tis done. Rides odd but front end is a lot steeper than the bike I have been riding for the last few months exclusively.

8a3cabc9.jpg

Hope the old mare likes it.

Back