Not another cheap ebay lights thread....

wow - i paid £ 20 ish from China for similar lamps, 1800 lm (can't trust the lms) about 1 year ago and used them over winter no probs. these are 8.4 v - lower I2R losses so better whereas mine are not :(

if you don't want the rear lamp, you can get
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CREE-XML-XM-L ... 912wt_1007

i daresay theree be even cheaper ones on the 'bay.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
these are like the 'Rose 16quid' light of the end of the last ebay light thread (which I have). I think Spudly has this version as could get them quicker.
The 'Rose' have a better feature of High-Medium-Low and then press and hold for Flash mode (which I never use)
These just had High-Low-Flash so you have to go through the flash mode.

Other than that I think they are the same, easily blind someone (flash the light in their eyes and they'll not see well for a while in the dark <cough>.

I also use it one hung up or an my head in the shed for light. Works well.
'Rose' Could do with a bit more spread as the centre spot is quite a bit brighter than the outer ring and is distracting when riding so the outer seems darker than it need be.

The 'Rose' version now comes in many colours and even a different style casing for 14 to 15 quid.
I also see a Twin light version has come out at ~ £30 (by 'Rose' I mean press to hold for flash)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000LM-2-CREE ... 51add19f89
Not sure if that pops it into import tax territory though.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Ive been thinking of buying something nice for a while and given all considerations im opting to forget these and go for exposure while theyre on special.
I just feel if you buy cheap you buy twice and given few(none) of us are electricians if anything goes amiss its pretty much fit only for the bin.

The build quality on them can be a bit iffy. My one kept cutting out and eventually killed the battery. It was no better when I bought a new battery so I opened it up for a look.

DSC_2575 par Richard, on ipernity

It worked fine after a soldering iron session and it really is an impressive light, so I'm still happy with it.

out of curiousity, how much are the exposure? reading about the cheap led lamps, from memory it is the batteries that seem to give the most porblems, that is when problems do occur, and not that often.

I bought a wide angle lens http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251282108759 for the one I use on my bike. With the clear lens I found I was lighting up the faces of oncoming drivers if the light was angled high enough to see a decent amount of road.

BobToo":6ql9shjs said:
The build quality on them can be a bit iffy. My one kept cutting out and eventually killed the battery. It was no better when I bought a new battery so I opened it up for a look.

DSC_2575 par Richard, on ipernity

It worked fine after a soldering iron session and it really is an impressive light, so I'm still happy with it.

You need to secure that coil somehow or eventually it will snap off.

02gf74":180uop5y said:
these are 8.4 v - lower I2R losses so better whereas mine are not :(

That's just the voltage written on the charger. They may get close to that when fully charged and with no load but then so do other 3.7v 18650 cells.

I've got two of these Ross (ina very manly pink colour), you're more than welcome to pop up for a lookey-see

Latest posts

Back