NOS Stratos 'Strata' air shock for Amp B3

Re: Rear shock

mudking":3kywfzwe said:
Hi, I'm interested but on holiday until next week and far from my AMP B3 to take quotes in order to check if it can suite the frame.
Can you dib it ? If anyone is interested before I'll understand.
Sure, no problem. It should fit your b3 frame as this is a b3 specific shock. I've got a risse model for the b3 as well, and they are the same size.

I'll hang ofor you though.

Ok. I see you have an amplifier. Any chance you could take a pic of the rear shock mounting, at the top tube, to see what I'm missing? Shock rattles around in the space, so not sure what I'm missing as I thought I put it back the way it came off.

Cheers

Ian

Amplifier shock

Hi mate,
as I said I'm back now so I take some pics.
The top tube mounting seems to be the same as the B3. There is 1,10 cm between the two mounting walls and the head of the shock (that with the hole for the screw) is 1,0 cm.
The difference between the Amplifier and the B3 shock seems to be only in the lenght, Amplifier's is few cm. long.
Here I am for more informations.
Let me know, regards.

Attachments

• DSCN2518.JPG
    DSCN2518.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 426
  • DSCN2519.JPG
    DSCN2519.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 426
Thanks for the reply and pics. As I suspected, my shock looks exactly like yours, so wht does it rattle in the gap in the frame? Missing some form of washer/bushing?

As for the differences, it is more than just the length that seperates the B2 and B3 shock. The B3 shock has a wider diameter shaft that inserts into the rear triangle, if it didn't I'd have slapped on the strata shock. The Risse shock I have has a sleeve that means it is compatible with both the B2 and B3, if only the guys at stratos had done the same??

Amplifier shock

Hi,
try to look here http://www.risseracing.com/amp.shtml
Risse has a type for the B2 and a type for the B3. If you take a look at the drawings you can see that the lenght is different, the sleeve may be different: 19 mm or 24,38 mm (but this only for B3) and the que is different in lenght.

News is that this is definitely a shock for the b3. I forgot I had some diagrams from amp when I bought some spares, and this also supports this.

Is swap my b3 shock for a b2 shock, air preferable, condition important as this is nos.

Back