NOS Stratos 'Strata' air shock for Amp B3

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I bought this recently thinking it would fit my Mongoose Amplifier, but sadly for me, and possibly great news for you, it didn't due to the later B3 rear end having a wider slot for the shock to fit in to. My current Risse shock has a sleeve that enables it to work on both the B2 and B3 models, but the stratos strata is B3 specific, so off it must go to someone who will get use from it. I also picked up a stratos shock pump recently that is included.

The shock is NOS, made in Santa Barbara, USA and comes with everything I got it with, which if I recall is a manual, replacement decals for the shock body, decals for your bike in both white and black, and also the shock pump.

The shock is an air shock, so quite light, and has a damping adjuster to tune your ride.

As it is NOS it should be in absolutely tip top working order, though the shaft does have some slight discoloration from the oil. The manual mentions this and advises the oil is to be expected, you can actually make the warning out in one of the pics.

All I'm after £70 posted for this little lot.

Any Q's, fire away.

IMG_3158.jpg

IMG_3157.jpg

IMG_3156.jpg

IMG_3159.jpg

Could you post an image of this shock mounted to a frame?? its a very long shot but I may be able to put it to good use? whats the eye to eye measurement?

KonaJJ":24uwguug said:
Could you post an image of this shock mounted to a frame?? its a very long shot but I may be able to put it to good use? whats the eye to eye measurement?
The shock doesn't fit my frame so I can't show it fitted, but I can show you a pic of a Risse Shock fitted, as this was another aftermarket shock for the AMP. Eye to Eye is also tricky, as the shock doesn't have a conventional eye at each end, as the base of the shock slides into a tube and is clamped into it/the rear triangle:

Scroll down a bit, there are a couple of shots.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1084576&sid=bfcbc400a67f68455f60a2ee6a88806c

Little bumpage a I've updated the info, forgot to mention the damping can be adjusted via a dial on the shock body.

Man... I could KILL for "regular" Stratos 'Strata' air shock w. on-the fly lock out, in that condition, with box and everything!!!!!
Hope someone needs this one....
free bump!

Right, measurements are as follows:

- Full length from centre of eye to very base of the shock - 155mm
- Length of shock from centre of eye to bottom of shock body - 122/3mm

Hope this helps.

Open to swaps too - one option would be an air shock for an Amp/Mongoose amplifier B2 as this is what I was after anyway. Other thoughts welcomed.

Rear shock

Hi, I'm interested but on holiday until next week and far from my AMP B3 to take quotes in order to check if it can suite the frame.
Can you dib it ? If anyone is interested before I'll understand.

Back