NOS Scapin Steel MTB frame

DrDaveTampa

Old School Hero
Thoughts on this frame?

Seems like I sorta remember Cagiva from hanging out with a bunch of gear-heads that were into obscure Italian racing motorcycles. Same elephant logo. I remember Porsche had a mountain bike, as did BMW, perhaps this is a similar branding exercise? I've heard of Scapin, dunno anything about that steel and nothing is immediately popping up on the interwebs

Welds are nice, and perhaps more to the point, seems to have a nice paint job... it's like, if you pay for the paint you get a frame for free. All you pay is shipping! (Think my wife will go for that? Honey -- I have enough parts to build a whole nuther bike! Wait, she's heard that one before...)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Lovely colour and paint😍. I don't know anything about those tubes but think the weight is respectable. Quite a stretched out top tube as they were. 70mm bottom bracket shell: not sure how easy it is to fill that?

70mm bottom bracket shell: not sure how easy it is to fill that?

I believe that's the standard Italian bb size; they still make Italian bb's which aren't expensive, just gotta look for em on ebay or amazon. Seems like Phil Wood cups are also readily available if that's your thing

It's usually pretty easy to find some nice quality Italian threaded bottom brackets. I have several as options for my Scapin frames, including XT ones and some less common ones. Just remember when it come to fitting it that both sides are RH thread 😁

Back