NOS or not NOS that is the question ??

Ian Raleigh":8w4auo2d said:
GITANE80":8w4auo2d said:
An example which miffs me off, is someone selling re manufactured Dia comp MX brakes and they found an old used card
and stick it above the new brakes which is clearly new stock with an old Dia comp card from the 80's no plastic either :facepalm:
This does my head in too and my mate was got bit with a similar thing!

He purchased a NOS 1980's Selle TURBO saddle and the ebay picture
showed the vintage box and not too close photo's of the saddle,
when he got the saddle he was chuffed to bits but then I told him the
saddle is one of those re-issue jobs as it doesn't have the three bars on
the sides next to the name turbo, I turned the saddle over and showed him
the date of 2012!! He was enraged over this and what did him the most that
he paid £95 for a so called vintage saddle which can actually be purchased for
just £35. Box was an original 80's creased item though....lol

TGR":8w4auo2d said:
This may confuse the issue further -
These hubs are sorta NOS and NIB except they were removed from the box, fitted into a wheel, never ridden,
removed from the wheel and returned to the box - that would be NOS NIB RFB FIW NR RFW RTB. Send that to Bletchley Park!!! Richard
So was the hubs *actually* built up then mate ? No way are these NOS but second-hand

LOL I was watching two turbos at the same time half an hour between them finishing (betting they were the suede brown ones) The box was such a red herring LOL!
The box went for more money
The one without a box was clearly unused seat in better condition!
Everyone knows the turbo rubs off after a week if you ride your bike that is :roll:

GITANE80":3h9hrbt4 said:
Everyone knows the turbo rubs off after a week if you ride your bike that is :roll:
I have a modern turbo on my modern road bike and has covered some thousands of miles and
was a black suede version which is now a glossy black but the turbo name can still clearly be seen.

Ian Raleigh":1gmnuy4t said:
GITANE80":1gmnuy4t said:
I have a modern turbo on my modern road bike and has covered some thousands of miles and
was a black suede version which is now a glossy black but the turbo name can still clearly be seen.
I was referring to the old ones which would rub off if he was looking for an original one that is?

I liked the look of Charge Cr Spoon Road Bike Saddle Seat was thinking about sticking one on my Gitane but it looks too modern but its cheap!

GITANE80":2yin4574 said:
I liked the look of Charge Cr Spoon Road Bike Saddle Seat was thinking about sticking one on my Gitane but it looks too modern but its cheap!
Yes but is it NOS :LOL: I'll get my coat..........................

Back