NOS 1996 Klein Adroit Build - DONE :)

Re:

lovely! I would keep it simple and not go with blue cnc bits but just black and let the frame do the talking

Re:

Stylus":3eb3g7yz said:
lovely! I would keep it simple and not go with blue cnc bits but just black and let the frame do the talking

Yeah ... that's the debate. I think I like the blue more for the 'never done that' factor. I usually build bikes with a lot of black and silver and keep it classy. Sorta want to slut this one up.

Re:

Another addition - this came up miss spelled. Got it for a lovely price.

NOS 1996 Flite for a 1996 NOS Adroit :D

Wanted -

The cable guide for a Judy FSX, new cnc or carbon Judy bridge, or a whole FSX for in lousy shape (but with the guide).

Re:

Just about there. After a lot of trial, error, and thought I went with a less blingy look to the adroit. It got a bit silly looking with a turquoise post, brakes, and cranks so just the ringle bits.

Just needs a chain, NOS pedals, and the usual adjustment and it's ready to go.

Re:

I wish everyone could have as much fun as I did this AM - there's nothing like riding one of your dream bikes. Other then being a few lbs short on my air pressure she's amazing. I'll do a photoshoot some other time.

Not NOS anymore :)

Re:

Here's a pile of pics of my '96 Adroit and the specs - tossing it up for BoTM

It's been my main retrobike since I finished it so it needed a clean up. I got it unused and built it up using almost entirely NOS parts. Not surprisingly it rides really well. It was like having a brand new bike so everything just works great and the fit is just about perfect for me. I tried some newer tires on it for a good chunk of the last few months but it rides as pictured.

*Every part "was" new less the crank, left shifter, wheels, and FSX lowers.

Frame: 1996 Klein Adroit

Fork: Rockshox SL uppers, new cronos inners, Ti kit, and FSX lowers

Headset: Klein
Stem: Klein MC2
Handlebar: Klein MC2
Grips: ODI
Barends: None

Brakes: XTR M900
Brake Pads: XTR M900
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: Ringle
Brake Levers: XTR M910

Shifters: XTR M910
Front Derailleur: XTR M900
Rear Derailleur: XTR M910
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: XTR M900
Chain: XTR M900
Cranks: XTR M900
Crank Bolts: XTR M900
Chainrings: XTR M900
Chainring bolts: Ti
Bottom Bracket: Klein
Pedals: XT747

Hub Skewers: Ringle Ti
Rims: Mavic 217
Hubs: Ringle
Nipples: DT
Spokes: DT
Tyres: Panaracer Smoke and Dart Classics
Tubes: MEC

Saddle: Selle Flite Ti (stamped 1996)
Seatpost: Ringle
Seatpost Binder: Svelte Ti

I've not seen this build thread before. Thats a gorgeous build you've done there. Interesting to see an Mc2 in burgundy blue with tan wall smoke and darts. I like it. i am debating whether to do the same with mine. Currently i have some death grips on there but ive got an attitude build coming up i might use them on and replace with the smoke/dart onto the adroit.
Nice build.

Back