Northern Clan, rides and chat.

I'll be there! The last few rides we had round the Isle of blackness were really great rides and we do know a few good coffee shops round that way ;)

Jamie

Re:

Keep us updated Brian, I'm busy this weekend , but Mrs jimo has mentioned visiting relatives near Inverness in the coming weeks.

Aultnabreac loop, Saturday 11th May

OK short notice, but it's when Jamie's & my calendars matched.

Ride 1: Aultnabreac loop.

Easy gravel loop near Thurso. It's only about 14 miles and only 450' climbing.

Its feature is Aultnabreac is the only station in the UK without a formal road to it. It would be the middle of nowhere except it's closer to the edge of the world. It's a very different ride. :)

Any bike suitable. I'll be taking something really old and wearing something windproof.

This Saturday, 11th May.

Start time is flexible depending on when we get there, so anyone interested in actually coming for this, PM me and we can firm up a time and make arrangements. Start point ND 09088 47409 just past Strathmore Lodge on B870, which is left off the A9 just south of Spittal.

EDIT: although the loop is short, if there's enough time, we'll explore towards Forsinard because we're looking for a rideable way through to there, so that could double the distance.

Sounds like a plan to me ;)
I realise it's a long way to come but we can certainly make it worth the drive. If anyone needs a sofa to sleep on, some where to kip etc then more than welcome at mine.
I'm thinking you Rob ;)
I hear there may even be a ride to the south on the Sunday, handy for those on their way home ;)

Jamie

Tour of the Black Isle

Again short notice as above.

Ride 2: Tour of the Black Isle. Sunday, 12th May.

About 50 miles on road (honest) around the Black Isle.

It's mainly to introduce Jamie to the civilities of cake shops instead of his usual rough northern ways of BBQed road kill for sustenance on a ride, so it's just a pleasant bimble with some seaside riding and some minor inclines and uppy/downy bits.

Any old bike. Suitable for anything from an ancient British roadster to a classic lightweight (or your carbon fantastic) - Jamie's sure to bring something tasty to ride, I'm likely to bring something clanky and slow.

Start time 10:00am from Cromarty Carpark in Dingwall. It's the one with big monument between Lidl and Tesco. (If it's full, park in Tesco rather than Lidl)

(We can vary this if necessary to start from Inverness side if anyone is coming from a distance and prefers it, but I will note it on here if we change from Dingwall)

Sorry guys, but working this weekend. That Saturday ride the one your we’re talking about last weekend? Sounded good.
Hopefully next time.

clubby":3q432lvh said:
Sorry guys, but working this weekend. That Saturday ride the one your we’re talking about last weekend? Sounded good.
Hopefully next time.
The Saturday ride is also a bit of a recce for a Forsinard connection if we have time.

We're likely to repeat it later in the year, especially if we can extend it.

Latest posts

Back