Noob, hello girls and boys

Retrorider63

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys, at the very young age of 63 I have been donated an old MTB pure alloy and haven't a clue what I am doing. So looking for advice and tech assistance. When I acquired it nothing worked. Gears so stiff and would not move smoothly across the deralliure system. However got in a ride today with just minor problems. Thanks to all on the forum it is a mine of information. Look forward to posting more in future. Will be looking for advice. I live in France and have a MTB trail right behind my house (lucky). Struggling to find noob forum area, but look forward to speaking to all, hopefully without boring the pants of everyone. Though 63 years young I am a qualified Ski tuning tech and ski 5/6 times a year so not to unfit. Though I do enjoy a glass of red now and again.
Tim Steadman in France. Please can someone direct me to the nookie forum.
Merci

Attachments

• 20220530_155844.jpg
    20220530_155844.jpg
    764.2 KB · Views: 47
I think you are in the wrong part of the internet if you are hoping for nookie!

this part of the forum is a good place to ask questions, or you could start a build thread here:

what sort of help are you lookig for? and what brand & model of bike do you have, I can't tell from the pictures.

In the world of bikes we're all technically perpetual noobs!
Theres always more to learn.
Bit jealous of that sky...🤔.

Your discontent brought me here. Welcome fellow ventriloquist.

We are a helpful bunch on the whole. As has been suggested, decent photos a build thread and questions. Help will be forthcoming.

I think I will like this forum, you all seem to be thinking my way. Gonna call the bike nookie. Will update with renovation details as they happen, though not sure how much I can do myself. Guess there's always the tech team at Decathlon.

Now wash your mouth out. You can do it all. It’s a bicycle, not open heart surgery on a premature baby.

Back