Noob Hello and Q on Retro MTB Sizing

At a shade under 6ft 4 myself I have found a 17.5" c2c too small but an 18/19 just right I ride with long stems also at 130mm as I have gibbon like arms! Weirdly my Team measures 18" c2c but my Bear Valley 19" now alledgedly Marin only made 17.5" and 19" but the Team has a 23.5" toptube so the added length makes it spot on. I have tried Marins in 17.5" and just too small...Its amazing what an extra 1/2 an inch will do...(its what I tell the wife too!) 20" and above are too big for me really but I have short legs for my height and long arms! So it really does depend on a number of factors...but mostly you! You are an individual and whats right for one 6 footer may not be right for another!

...I, as I'm sure many of us on here will admit, have bought the wrong size bike before. Its hard when you are not always able to try the bike on for size, even more so when its just a frame!

Doug

5'11" and I tend to buy 18/18.5" retro frames measure c2c not center top. The GF is 5'6" and I bought her a 16" c2c bike and that seems to fit her nicely, so I'd say you were after something around 17" c2c.

Kona's are sized weirdly (I think) so I haven't a clue about what there like, GT's come up on the bigger side apparently so take that into consideration.

GT wise depends how much you want to spend a Zaskar isn't silly money or a simple rigid early 90s GT seems to be doable for less than a few hundred quid. Happy hunting :)

Back