No longer an ‘88 Klein pinnacle build

What should I do with the 88 Pinnacle

• Upgrade it to XTR 950 with spoked wheels

• Trick it out in blue anodizing w/period correct group

• Go back to what it was when it rolled off the showroom

Results are only viewable after voting.
If you have m950 and turquoise bling already, it's a no brainer to me. Fit that, ride it and if it doesn't make you smile, you can start amassing stock or period parts and rebuild when you are ready. If you've got parts to throw at it (and nice ones too), then you'll have a nice looking and working bike out on the trails in no time. Go for it ;)

Klein serials are hexadecimal. Just say'n.

M950 would be an absolute no for me. Would look rather strange on that old a frame.
Original is boring. Most of the time.

XT or M900 would be looking best imho. And I really like ano. So that's what I voted. :D

Edit!! So as of now, Im going to do M900/910 that I have from another build. I’ll just need a stem I believe at this point to get it there. Possibly blue ano that I have on hand as well

Last edited:
I think you should try to find a mission control bar stem. Really stiff and goes with the bike.

I don’t think the xt is boring, 900 is maybe too nice for this bike.

For sure 950 on this would be wrong and bad. :) But maybe I just don’t like 950 because of the incompatibility weirdness that came with 9 speed.

I think I’ve decided on some of the more rare xt parts that were released in black. I stumbled on a set of shifter/brake levers and some canti’s in black while do some swap

Back