No bike new (old) motor

I had one of that vintage. Transfer boxes area weak points and this one hasn't done enough miles to show the symptoms. Yours is also the vintage that suffers immobiliser grief. The theory was that mobile phone masts would interfere with it, but I don't knowing that was ever proven. All I (and a legion of owners) knew that the bloody thing would often inexplicably fail start until the RAC turns up and used their computer to resync the keys to the car.

If it's been stored in a dry and relatively warm garage it's a nice little buy. If its been stored any other way then the low mileage brings no advantage, and is liable to have more problems lurking than one that's been used regularly.

Picked it up...a few more blemishes than I remember including some dings but I'm not complaining. Cobra immobiliser fitted. Going through the paperwork now. Have every single mot certificate since the first in 1999. Average 2.5k miles per year.
Searching now for cambelt history

Re:

Here it is...from its good side. Could do with detailing as it's not as glossy as the picture suggests. Oh...that's my daughter pulling daft faces!

Back