Nite Watches

I see the Nite adverts splashed all over Facebook and almost went for one.

Dont think I will now.

*and in all honesty, since starting a new job where any watch would get bashed to shit, I've fallen out of the habit of wearing one. The phone has taken its place something watch manufacturers seem to be slow in realizing?

Re: Re:

RobMac":ulbnlqog said:
Comfortable, light, stealthy looking, classy, resiliant case, illumination 2nd to none.
As the 3rd year of ownership approached the watch started losing 6 or 7 minutes a day, I thought it was the battery reaching the end of its life (they should last 3 to 4 years) so I stuck it in for a service with Nite.
I got a new battery, seal, strap + pins and pressure tested, when it came back it was still losing 6 or 7 minutes a day. So off for a second time to get checked, they said it didn't lose a second so it came back to me. Now its sitting here next to me showing 2hrs & 25 mins slow over the space of a few weeks. As I picked it up just now to check how slow it was the second hand had stopped till I shook it. So I'm the owner of a none functioning table ornament :?
I may add that because 'they' say there's nothing wrong with the watch its not cost Nite one single penny but has cost me probably into three figures now for what should have been a simple service.

They can easily check the timing of your watch Rob, try and find a decent watch repairer if you can, they are few and far between in my experience though.

If you're really stuck PM me ;)

Re:

Given that the Nite watches use an "off the shelf" movement, it shouldn't be too difficult to sort it out.

If your looking for a reliable alternative, I've got a couple of Citizen Eco Drive watches, with a solar face, I've had them both for 10 or 12 years with no issues whatsoever, I've never had to have either of them serviced or have a battery change.

One of them is titanium like this:

citizen-mens-eco-drive-titanium-bracelet-watch.jpg

The other is stainless steel, but looks very similar. They're both water proof, so I pretty much never take them off, except to swap them over once in a while. I leave one on the window sill in the sunlight for a few weeks while I wear the other, although that's not really necessary, they'll charge while you wear them and the battery should last about a year even in the dark.

RobMac":1357jivk said:
Comfortable, light, stealthy looking, classy, resiliant case, illumination 2nd to none.
As the 3rd year of ownership approached the watch started losing 6 or 7 minutes a day, I thought it was the battery reaching the end of its life (they should last 3 to 4 years) so I stuck it in for a service with Nite.
I got a new battery, seal, strap + pins and pressure tested, when it came back it was still losing 6 or 7 minutes a day. So off for a second time to get checked, they said it didn't lose a second so it came back to me. Now its sitting here next to me showing 3hrs & 25 mins slow over the space of a few weeks. As I picked it up just now to check how slow it was the second hand had stopped till I shook it. So I'm the owner of a none functioning table ornament :?
I may add that because 'they' say there's nothing wrong with the watch its not cost Nite one single penny but has cost me probably into three figures now for what should have been a simple service.

It could be dirt in the movement, a lack of oil or maybe old oil that's gummed up but unlikely considering how old it is. A strip down and service will get it back to full health but with quartz movements its usually cheaper to fit a new movement. The problem with this one is that the wheels that the hands are mounted on will be longer than normal as the hands are so much fatter with the tubes in them, so a service may be the only option.

If you want it sorted send me a pm, it just so happens I know a guy who works on watches and is easy to pay - https://www.instagram.com/benchdweller.uk/

RobMac":29gvkv3r said:
By comparison I have two sub £25 Lorus watches given as presents about 10 or more years ago and the only thing I've done to them is replaced the straps a few times and the batteries and they keep perfect time. The Nite Hawk cost nearly £300 in 2014 which means the watch isn't 3 years old, more like 2 :facepalm:

Yup same here - two Pulsar ones bought for me and me dad on my 21st - 30 odd years ago :shock:

Both still in perfect working order and i now have choice of white or black face one depending on mood or colour of lycra i'm wearing :D

The Nite watch case is OK but not worth the cash IMHO.

RobMac":1v438rcg said:
Now its sitting here next to me showing 3hrs & 25mins slow over the space of a few weeks.

Its now reading 3hrs & 31mins since Sat May 28, 2016 11:42 pm (yesterday) that'll be 6 or 7 mins by that time tonight. Yes NITE 'your' right it doesn't lose a second its minutes :x

Back