Night riding - recommend me a light

One is more efficient so more light output for the same battery power.

Now i may have them the wrong way round.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Really, one should be enough...

01975_171-576x558.jpg

Re:

eBay Cree LED lights all the way for me!

Well over a year ago now I bought two of the single LED lights that are like a "torch in a mounting bracket", these are "OK" and I used them last year at a 24hour MTB endurance race (Bontager 24:12 at Newnham Park).
As I say they were ok, not amazing, but good enough for my speeds off-road at night, however when the guys running the Lupine or big Exposure lights came up behind me it was like a Le Mans car on full beam flying past! :LOL:

So I've just ordered one of the 3 Cree T6 LED lights like this... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4000Lm-3X-CRE ... 566b33b29a
It should be here by the weekend, so I'll let you know how it goes.

If you look on Youtube there's lots of reviews of these kind of lights, so that may or may not help you decide what to go for.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Nice one Jimo, look forward to the verdict. The choice is just too much on eBay! I'll just go for one that comes with a recommendation. Or Santa might bring me that Magicshine...;)

Re:

The battery pack finally went on my single cree lamp (£37) on monday night, its 3 years old and has been hammered to death. Well I have suspected the pack, charging does nothing and if I connect up the lamp to a DC adapter it lights up.

Checking online, I can get a new battery pack for about £10 or £7 if I want to wait for delivery from china, I want it this week as it was dark on my way home on monday lol.

Or.........

I can buy a 4 x cree lamp plus battery pack for £22 delivered on eBay :eek:

Prices must have dropped a little, should get delivered tomorrow, will double check my old single lamp on the new battery pack, if that still works it will be relegated to an offroad helmet lamp, I will order some parts and build up a spare battery pack for it myself.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4X-CREE-XM-L- ... 35cd8eda53

The 4 lamp unit I ordered, if I get another 3 years from this one I will be a happy man.

A top tip I can offer, is to remove the batteries from whatever holder they supply, wrap them in parcel tape to properly water proof them, then refit them back into the holder.

Re:

JamesM":3nzwz2fz said:
FluffyChicken":3nzwz2fz said:

Nah, triple has been around a while. Seven is where it's at:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trustfire-120 ... 2c83240236

:facepalm:

JamesM":3nzwz2fz said:

Does anyone know by how much lights actually get brigther as the number of LED's increases? I would have thought that the battery packs, drivers and heat disapation would be the limiting factors after around 2-3 XMLs meaning that there wouldn't be much to gain by buying a light with 5, 7 or 8 XMLs.

Back