Night lights?

FST4RD

Senior Retro Guru
Hey all I'm competing in my first day night race coming up and need some more lights.
I've been looking at CRC for different lights, and there are sooo many, not like back in the day when I used to ride at night :shock:
Can anyone suggest a cheapish, bright enough to race through a forest single track, that can be helmet mounted?
Burn time isn't to much of an issue as it's a relay event so I will probably do about 2 25 minute laps at the most in the dark.
Thanks

Been looking at these http://www.glowormlites.co.nz/default.htm
Some good reviews out there, and seem like everything I want.

Funnily enough I was talking to Ben and a few of the guys out the airport about the lights they make. They were saying the ones they make are good, batteries cost the most, but they said that the bulbs get so hot that if your not moving then you can melt your helmet! :LOL:

They look bloody good actually

50% of people(here) use the other ones - me included. They're both cheap and no where near the quality of say Lupine, but they do the job, and a vast improvement over home made ones of years gone past

Yeah they do 2 sets for $279 on trademe so I'm thinking about getting them so that Jo has one as well.
Need something for the Mcleans race :D
Although seen some cheaper ones on CRC, some over 50% off although most of them don't have helmet mounts, and I really want helmet mounts.

Buy 2 of these for $25 and stick one on your helmet and one on the bars (mounting them with old inner tubes and zip-ties works) - 200 lumens each and they run on AA batteries.

I use one as a head torch and they're great. I use it in conjunction with some bar mounted lights, but I know people who just use a couple of these for normal nightriding.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30987

+1 to eds suggestion

they are probably the best value light available.
easily as bright as anything costing 2-3 times as much and have a very good burn time.

Latest posts

Back