Nigella's assistants cleared

Perhaps just a case of the sins sown by the father being reaped by the daughter, daddy being particularly keen on screwing the poor ".... appointed as Chancellor of the Exchequer in June 1983.....he was a key proponent of Thatcher's policy of privatisation of several key industries and deregulation and oversaw the Big Bang launched in London on October 27, 1986."

oldave":2bxbgx6f said:
Perhaps just a case of the sins sown by the father being reaped by the daughter, daddy being particularly keen on screwing the poor ".... appointed as Chancellor of the Exchequer in June 1983.....he was a key proponent of Thatcher's policy of privatisation of several key industries and deregulation and oversaw the Big Bang launched in London on October 27, 1986."

What's that got to do with the price of fish?

Retro Cat":1w4cy0su said:
ringo":1w4cy0su said:
Am I being amazingly stupid here?

Nigella takes two PA's to court over the small matter of half a millions worth of unauthorised Credit Card transactions (they must have found the RB For Sale section!). Their main defence is that they were only covering up her cocaine use from her husband.

They are subsequently acquitted.

Does this mean Nigella - in effect threw the two PA's to the lions to perpetuate the lie with her husband...?

If she did, does that make her one of most vicious creatures to have ever walked this earth?

It's also backfired pretty badly she hasn't come out of it particularly well - smoking joints in front of your teenage children for example.

cant see why this would make her look bad

The whole case seemed iffy from the start. a defence team whose main aim seemed to be trashing one of the witnesses - very odd. Wonder if we'll ever find out what it was all about? Definately lots of undercurrents there. And the latest first the rozzers say they aren't going to investigate her drug use and now they say they are? Odd I tells you - odd.

The outcome was as I expected.

Her TV persona is probably no real reflection of her as a person away from the cameras. I'm not surprised at all that she had a drug habit and frankly don't really care either. It has been an excruciatingly embarrassing event to watch unfold though - it was essentially a domestic between a wife and husband but played out in every newspaper and all the major TV channels.

He was fond of knocking her about a bit, she was fond of the marching powder - they both deserve a kick up the arse and a chance to part company like adults and not like a pair of point scoring kids.

There are much greater events in the world that deserve newspaper space imo :roll:

Tazio":3tjcrp62 said:
The Mail are after everyone now.

The mail always has been. I wouldn't wipe my arse with it for fear of getting burnt by all the bile it contains.

Calling it a rag is an insult to rags.

I've just bought Nigella's new cookbook...

It was a bit short mind - just a few lines on each page...

A friend of mine has a friend who "knows" her well and reckons Fred Flintstone knows more about preparing food than she ever did" The whole sorry situation seems to have several hidden agenda's.
Her cookery presentations always seemed a bit "contrived" to me, maybe we now know that wasn't just flour she was dusting the worktop with. :mrgreen:
Methinks this will run and run for some time yet.

Wold Ranger":18cwbev1 said:
A friend of mine has a friend who "knows" her well and reckons Fred Flintstone knows more about preparing food than she ever did"

I find that hard to believe to be honest her recipes cropped up in a number of places including in respected food writers book well before she was properly famous. I'm sure like most celebs she has a team that helps her out but I would tend to believe she is the real deal as a cook. She's definately not in the manufactured camp that people like Sophie Dahl belong to.

Latest posts

Back