Nigel Dean steel frame

retroJIM

Orange šŸŠ Fan
Feedback
View
I keep looking at this as it's a decent size and it's cheap šŸ¤£. Is it a Nigel Dean? Is it any good? It looks different around the seat tube to others I've seen.

There's no delivery option so that might rule it out for me anyway. I'm interested in people's thoughts.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've looked that a couple of times myself in the past. In fact I'm surprised it's still for sale!

There's a couple of details that look like Nigel Dean having looked at my own frame, but I'm not 100% sure either. It does look nicely made though and has all the necessary braze-ons to make it super versatile. All I would be careful about would be to check the steerer tube diameter so as to find a suitable fork.

I guess what I am trying to say (in a long winded way) is where else can you find a brand new and possibly hand built frame for the price of a small shop in Tesco?

I reckon a Lancs based member would be able to help with collection as well if you put a post up :)

I've dropped the seller a message with a couple of questions. I think sourcing some suitable forks is where I'll struggle, especially if they're 1 inch. Always the way with longer head tubes.

I really like the paint job. Decent size too, but I can't have any more projects without selling at least a couple.

If it takes a 1" fork I might have something suitable.

Back