Nicole Cooke wins gold!

606":29poupzc said:
Russell":29poupzc said:
Within 6 posts on a thread about winning gold at the olympics and it degenerated into a discussion about her looks. Well done boys, you must be so proud :(

I've got nothing but respect for the lot of 'em, especially Laws, broken leg 8 weeks ago.

+1

Absolutley. She would rip the legs off 99.9% of people who post on here if you went riding with her.

Stuck in a muddy field at SiTS listening to the run in on the radio - fair sent prickles down my neck... watched the rerun on BBCi on my return and it happened all over again! Even got excited by Pooley crossing the gap...

The shocking conditions only made it more of an achievement - hearty congratulations to the women and the BCF staff.

Never been interested in road riding for myself, but thought it was an awesome spectacle. What events are run in the UK along those lines?

Mr K

flyingwelshman":1h50x22j said:
Absolutley. She would rip the legs off 99.9% of people who post on here if you went riding with her.

I'd feel pretty confident upping that to 100% :)

I think she had an advantage in the rain-just like back home! But seriously, that was a stunning come from behind finish, especially considering how far off the back of the group she was just before the top of the last hill.

Back