Nice wheel.....

But come in guys, if you don’t want a dx hub you can always buy this xt for £400🙄

That blokes prices are extortionate, but to be fair he has been open to offers with huge discounts. I think I got something like 40% off a Passoni bar/stem combo.
…and the best packaging I’ve ever received!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That blokes prices are extortionate, but to be fair he has been open to offers with huge discounts. I think I got something like 40% off a Passoni bar/stem combo.
…and the best packaging I’ve ever received!
just looked at his other items:oops:

I had a plastic disc that bolted over the wheel bitd....must ,made a heavy bike even heavier!

But it did make a good noise !😂

This is my Disc Drive for sale, so guess I’m the dreamer 🤷‍♂️

I’m a bit flummoxed about the sale price of this as I thought they generally went for about £1k. I listed it with a start price of £750 and a BIN price in case there was a ‘must have it now’ buyer wanting one, but knowing full well that the BIN would be irrelevant if it received a bid.
The reason the BIN is the figure it is, is because eBay stipulates it has to be 40% higher than the starting price - not my choice, I wanted to set it slightly lower, but couldn’t. I would ultimately also be fine if I got the starting price. They just never seem to be that cheap if I were to be looking for one.

Yes it has a DX hub, but many did - it’s a robust reliable hub, readily available in 36H form, and period correct.

I had a plastic disc that bolted over the wheel bitd....must ,made a heavy bike even heavier!

But it did make a good noise !😂

Covering the back wheel makes alot of sense. Think of all the dropouts, rear mechs, and spokes that could've been saved if it had become the norm. There is also the aero benefit on road sections and a covered rear doesn't immediately lead to death, in cross winds, like a deep rimmed/disc front wheel.
I wonder if the covered rear wheel never matured due to the weirdness that you could find in cycling(at least like it was back in the 80's) where tech from another discipline was mocked and derided. I assume it isn't so bad now as many cyclist, from all forms of cycling, are watts/aero obsessed.
I can remember TTers mocking tri-bars, even after Lemond's famous TdF TT, and now look where we are. Roadies took the p!ss out of testers and the other way round. To me; i thought it weird that there were these strong divisions in clubs and, now and again, it went past banter and could get a bit ugly.
Maybe mtb discs were too roadie and ridiculous, even if they might save the rear end from errant sticks and stuff.

Last edited:
This is my Disc Drive for sale, so guess I’m the dreamer 🤷‍♂️

I’m a bit flummoxed about the sale price of this as I thought they generally went for about £1k. I listed it with a start price of £750 and a BIN price in case there was a ‘must have it now’ buyer wanting one, but knowing full well that the BIN would be irrelevant if it received a bid.
The reason the BIN is the figure it is, is because eBay stipulates it has to be 40% higher than the starting price - not my choice, I wanted to set it slightly lower, but couldn’t. I would ultimately also be fine if I got the starting price. They just never seem to be that cheap if I were to be looking for one.

Yes it has a DX hub, but many did - it’s a robust reliable hub, readily available in 36H form, and period correct.

TBH....ebay prices seem all over the place, same things seem to sell for wildly different prices & theres no logic to it. From whats been said here your start price certianly isn't unreasonable....so go figure.

Back