Nice way to say goodbye to your trusty bike

Titiritero

Retro Guru
His bike was not retro (nearly, some say 1999), but when the frame finally gave up, he gave it a honorable farewell. Watching the video has made me reflect that, when I got distracted in the last years increasing my fleet, I was neglecting my old trusty friend, my first mtb, not spending enough time with it. Time to get rid of the others and ride my '92 bike until one of us has to kneel down...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqtfxiuI7-8[/youtube]

certainly a spectacular way to end its life. excellent story, loved it!

Excellent! They do become part of your life and it's painful when they've gone, but the memories and scar tissue will last for years.

If I worked for Trek I would give him a nice new bike, and then put that in their factory museum instead of a certain Trek 5500 OCLV which may or may not have worn 7 tours.

Stick Legs":c6b807we said:
If I worked for Trek I would give him a nice new bike, and then put that in their factory museum instead of a certain Trek 5500 OCLV which may or may not have worn 7 tours.

In the comments on Youtube the video author implicity admits that Trek will provide him with something. He doesn't specify if frame or full new bike... But agreed that it would be a nice touch giving the flattering image he gives of their products

Back