Wanted Nice Hardtail

dandy1

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've got the hardtail itch again. After something nice, something different.

Ideally needs to be 19"
Ideally frame only as I'll build it with parts from another bike that I'll be stripping

Can be v brake or disc, as something more modern isn't out of the question

Either reynolds steel:
98 Kona Kilauea / Explosif
Rocky mountain blizzard
Dekerf

Or alloy:
Klein attitude
Yeti arc

Although open to suggestions... As I'm sure there's other things I've not considered

Thanks

I have a pipedream Scion, reynolds 853 bike currently built up but I've barely used it. In mint condition, metallic grey. 19 inch, disc only, straight 1 1/8 steerer, 26er.

Not desperate to sell but have too many bikes so could let it go.

I've got a Rocky Mountain Blizzard that would be up for sale soon ish (simply not got around to it thus far)

99% sure it's ~19" though I seem to recall they didn't quote frame sizes like that, rather it was S/M/L/XL. Anyway, could be way off and am far from an expert.

Bought roughly 2005 and think it was some sort of anniversary paint job on it. Fully built atm but am not opposed to a frame only sale.

If that seems like an interesting start I'll happily answer questions/post pics etc.

Got a nice 19" Yeti FRO 2004. Actually lighter than the ARC. I believe it's the lightest alloy hardtail Yeti ever made. It flies. After £275 posted for the frame.

Rich

Attachments

• 20211208_095700.jpg
    20211208_095700.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 20210722_194510.jpg
    20210722_194510.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
I just gave a 1994 Diamondback Ascent frame in 19" to Happy Days Cycles this week - sure they will do you a deal on it if you call them. I know you said post 98 but may be worth considering.

They are Pro carbon ones that i resprayed.
The frame is for sale for £275 delivered if anyone is interested.

Rich

Latest posts

Back