Next SW Retro Ride - location/date/format

Re:

Great, I'm in!
A pair of 1.5 amber wall Schwalbe City Jets is only about £20 on ebay & they look great. All-time fave's were Vredestein S-licks 1.3. Had blue treaded ones on the blue Treks for a while but not seen any for ages. Now on 1.25 amber wall Spesh Fat Boys which are fast & grippy despite no tread pattern.

I've been terrible at getting out due to work and family life but hoping to be more proactive next year. Keep up the good work in trying to cajole us into action!

Re: Re:

amedias":1ci7tcjg said:
Haldon it is then!

Sunday 23rd meet @10 for 10:30?

So it's amedias, matt and myself booked in.

If anyone else is popping along please reply in here or pm one of us so we dont leave anyone behind, especially if we are all ready to go and decide to start five minutes earlier (impossible with my time keeping).

Forecast is it will stop raining by tomorrow morning! Hooray :LOL:

Tempted to bring the parkwood in this rain, u brakes and rigid... oh it will be fun at least !

Re:

So took the trekker out today with amedias and his mate. Quick loop of red some off piste bits. Really good but surprisingly wet...
Also hats off to them riding single speed and again being quicker than me.

Really need to get more to the south west meets. Nice rides no pressure nice chat. What's not to like?

Only three of us so not many pics but here's a nice on one scandal with carbon forks

And amedias doing a classic mint sauce pose at the bottom of the decent downhill bit on the red by the black run. Klein single speed in shot

Trekker in the mud

Nice end of the day shot of Halton (taken from their Facebook page)

Re:

Great pics! Was a good ride if a little splashy in places, I'm pretty sure I left most of my brake pads in the forest too...

Surprisingly wet but all good.

Right.. As title says suggestions for rides let's get some dates in the diary...

Re:

Forgot to say my funny story. Went out and did a slow lap on my own when I stopped as I saw a fellow rider on the side with a mechanical.

So I helped a guy who snapped his chain. Just putting them together with a sram connecting pin and let go ... flicked half the link somewhere into the Forrest. Twenty minutes looking for it! So glad I found it else he'd have a long walk. Got some free jelly babies for my trouble though!

Back