Next SW Retro Ride - location/date/format

Could do with knowing for sure which day it's going to be by tomorrow so I can organise my weekend ;)

Like I say, happy with either, just need to know. Mainly so I can book in a roast :LOL:

Re:

I'm not available Saturday unfortunately, but if you guys want to move it then go ahead, looks like it'll only be 3 or 4 people again regardless of day

Re:

No probs - stick with Sunday, I don't want to complicate things. Hope a few do turn out.
Take some photo's.
Something we might add to the list of ride suggestions is, in the wet season when the trails are disgusting, could be a retro slick-tyred mtb road ride. Perhaps around the quiet country lanes of the ride-leader's area. Find a cafe somewhere on the route maybe? I could then bring my (owned since new) 1991 Trek 7000 which you haven't seen yet. Mrs J. might even come along on her matching 7000.
Today we rode those bikes from Exmouth along the Exe Estuary trail to Exeter then down the other side along the new section from Turf to Powderham & into the edge of Dawlish to see ex-neighbours for coffee. An hour & 45 mins each way, got soaked coming back & some serious headwinds but nothing lunch & 2 hours on the settee couldn't sort out.

Re:

I did think about suggesting a retro roadie ride sometime too, have a nice 90s steel trek road bike or a bontrager road lite to pick from ;-)

Re:

That sounds a great plan jimbo. Might need to buy some new slicks though not sure mine are any good since I started using a proper skinny wheeler.

I sold my retro road bike but slicks are easy for most to get hold of. Or bring a retro road but bear in mind pace will be slow.

I would happily organise one in New year.

Back