Newest arrival - 1993 Manitou FS long term project

nutallabrot":1x6orymn said:
I'm using mine regularly and don't have any issues with headtube cracks.

@minifreak: Nice score! Whats's the serial # and date? Should be one of the early Answer production ones from end 1992 / beginning 1993

Dated 15th January 1993 :D Hoping it'll be fine with gentle XC use and no jumping :LOL:

ti_pin_man":2vbvjfb8 said:
I did something similar a few years back and bought one from California with weird parts collection. I found a crack in the headtube of course and decided to get it fixed, so frank the welder has had it a couple of years now and last week he confirmed its ready to return, boxed up and ready to come home. Like yourself I bought it as a slow burn project and it has indeed proven to be just that. :) when it comes back I intend to polish it up and begin to build it. I will ride it, but only in the local parks and just enjoy the project coming together.

That really is a slow burn project, no point rushing these things though. I have stripped off the main parts I won't be using from this and have put them up in my sales page. I'll get a pic up of the bits I'm looking to use in their place shortly.

I have just bought an XTR M900 rear mech and have logo d calls for the XTR chainset, frames still damaged though ;)

Back