Newbie alert: advice needed!

Midlife":an5h24zi said:
Hi. On iPhone so a bit slow but here goes

W=Worksop the Carlton factory
M= The months of manufacture, can't remember the code at the moment
0= the last digit of the year of mamufacture , in this case 1980,

tHe rest are the individual ID number

corsair and pro-am were released in 1978 as a matching pair. The Corsair was the demi course tourer hence the rear rack mounts. 531 main tubes, if it is a corsair then they ride very well like all carltons :)

how tall are you

Shaun

Tragically I'm old enough to remember them being launched, here's a scan from my Cycling mag from 1978............

14e9j0g.jpg

Shaun

cripes, you are a bank of knowledge! well ive been cleaning down the components today, just seem to spread the grease more and more so ive left them in a bucket of turps, you wouldn't be so kind as to link me up to new crank bearings? there are loads out there and i don't have a clue.

Re:

You need 1/4" balls :) for your crank

Here's a set:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOOSE-CYCLE-B ... 3f34e64156

Someone, somewhere is doing mixed balls on Ebay, so you can do the hub bearings and headset along with the crank, for an all in price of around £3 but I can't find it at the mo

Petrol, turps, white spirit or anything that will break down grease is good, or good ole WD40 :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

Robbied196":330fqrmq said:
You need 1/4" balls :) for your crank

Here's a set:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOOSE-CYCLE-B ... 3f34e64156

Someone, somewhere is doing mixed balls on Ebay, so you can do the hub bearings and headset along with the crank, for an all in price of around £3 but I can't find it at the mo

Petrol, turps, white spirit or anything that will break down grease is good, or good ole WD40 :)

thanks buddy!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
3/16th inch bearings if memory serves me right, mind you it's been a while since I bought some as the only loose bearing headset I have is a campag pista and that frames tiny ones.

Shaun

Back