New toy, shiny thing alert!!

Spudly

Retrobike Rider
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Picked up this little beauty the other morning, surprised it wasn't outed on here, or that it didn't go for higher than it actually did (and I certainly didn't expect to win with what I thought was a lowball bid) but it was obviously meant to be 🤗

12 hour night shift out of the way, I did a 3 hour round trip to collect it (possibly Thurs but days/nights have no meaning when you're on nightshift lol)

Wanted to share because I've a shiny new thing haha!

Is it a.....

Why yes it is!!!

1998 GT Zaskar, with lots of nice bits all over it and full m950 😍

20210814_091127.jpg

Only pic I've taken really as nightshift = sleeping the rest of the time, sitting in the sellers garage the morning I collected it (really nice chap, cheers Scott)
Already ordered a reissue flite Ti for it, and trying to decide what pedals to fit, don't want spd's on it as I'd rather have flats, but want something smaller if I can, although I did have a silly moment and fancy some red (to match the headset) odyssey shark bites lol 😆

Anyways what do we think, and I'll get some decent pics up when I've had chance to take some and give it a little tickle, but I love it!!

A true bargain mate and if I’m honest I was tempted but I certainly don’t need any more bikes currently.

Lovely build if I do say so myself. Hope you enjoy it

A true bargain mate and if I’m honest I was tempted but I certainly don’t need any more bikes currently.

Lovely build if I do say so myself. Hope you enjoy it
Aye I did say to Scott when I picked it up that I expected it to have gone higher and that I would be outbid but I wasn't!

Tis a lovely build, not surprising youre a fan of it 🤣
A couple of bits I want to change/tweak, got a reissue flite coming for it as the one on it is a little ott for my liking, got some new pad inserts coming as the ones on it are rock hard and are scrubbing the rims, just silly little things really as the rest of the build is just spot on!

For the rest of it, it will just be crack a beer and look at it lol 😆

Super nice, I do like GTs. Always good to get a surprise bargain. I accidentally bought a Pace full sus a couple of years back for £200. Thought i would be out bid (and i'd promised the mrs no more bikes). Still, i'm not a gift horses dentist.

Latest posts

Back