For Sale New Titanium Quick Release Hub Axles $10 CAD each

DeeEight

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
** Price is firm and per each individual axle, buyer pays all shipping if not local to me (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada) and paypal/interact e-transfer payment only if not local **

- Russian made from aerospace grade titanium alloy (I believe its 5Al/2Mn which falls between US Grades Ti 3Al/2.5V and 6Al/4V for strength). Produced during the mid-90s.
- fit shimano, suntour, Suzue, KY, Joytech or other Asian manufactured hubs which use conventional cup & cone ball bearing setups with 9 x 1 x 108mm or 10 x 1 x 141mm or 10 x 1 x 147mm metric threaded hollow axles (respectively for 100mm, 130 and 135mm O.L.D. hubs) for quick-release skewers
- they are NOT Campagnolo compatible (which have a different thread pitch) nor are they compatible with hubs which use sealed cartridge bearings
- Axle weighs 15 grams for fronts and approx 28 grams for rears
- I have hundreds available and will discount slightly for large orders.

Attachments

• tiaxf1.JPG
    tiaxf1.JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 16
  • tiaxf2.JPG
    tiaxf2.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 16
  • tiaxf3.JPG
    tiaxf3.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 22
  • tiaxles.JPG
    tiaxles.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 27
  • tiaxles1.JPG
    tiaxles1.JPG
    220.2 KB · Views: 24
  • tiaxr1.JPG
    tiaxr1.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 20
  • tiaxr2.JPG
    tiaxr2.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 14
  • tiaxr3.JPG
    tiaxr3.JPG
    208.9 KB · Views: 13
  • tiaxthread.JPG
    tiaxthread.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I have purchased these axles twice. They are very nice quality and well machined. I installed them on Shimano 105 (respaced to 135mm) and older Dura ace hubs.

Oh wow I was expecting these to be 50 quid a piece. This is actually a very good price.

I'm looking at it this way... i have thousands of them. The bins they're in take up a decent amount of shelf space which i'd rather use for something else. At $30 each I might sell 4 a month. At $10 each I'm liable to sell dozens per month (which means I'll only need a few years to sell out as opposed to a few decades. Its also a niche market, to people with the mechanical skill to do the work to swap the axles, in hubs which are compatible.

Back