NEW TI RALEIGH 753 40TH TDF ANNIVERSARY MODEL v.2

Re:

The drop drops came as standard on the chopper GT sprint 1972/3 . Not suprisingly they never caught on with youngsters who all wanted ape hangers .They did not sell and were soon dropped.
A rough one sold on ebay for £600 + a good unstored one fetches £1,500 + .
Makes some of the Raleigh team bike seem a good price.

Team Replica frame is now sold but seller has five left in deep metallic green with chrome forks and lugs. Its the same frame with mudguard eyes and rack eyes..I think its a really fine looking and more practical frame... :)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 4511426291

Attachments

• ARAYA_RALEIGH_BIG_FORMAT_CRD-570G.jpg
    ARAYA_RALEIGH_BIG_FORMAT_CRD-570G.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 430
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That USA frame does look nice. Shipping is pretty steep, and then there is customs. Why couldn't the 40th anniversary frame look as good.

That Carlton Record frameset looks lovely to me :)
Has all the makings of a beautiful modern tourer, fitted with 9 speed triple, rack, guards, a nice high head tube for a more upright position. Lovely and the price, if you didn't have to pay import or shipping is pretty bloody cheap really. You'd be lucky to buy a Surly or Kona frame for that.
Nicest and most practical so far for me.

Jamie

Raleigh Japan And Raleigh USA as we know are different companies to Raleigh UK . They have a more discerning market for anything retro . Here in UK{Retro bikers apart} we seem to put up with things that do not come up to the same spec .
The US is a huge market place so attention to detail will pay off .The Japanese are masters a taking a British product ,tweaking it and then make better job of it .

Jamiedyer":5waqf2o4 said:
That Carlton Record frameset looks lovely to me :)
Has all the makings of a beautiful modern tourer, fitted with 9 speed triple, rack, guards, a nice high head tube for a more upright position. Lovely and the price, if you didn't have to pay import or shipping is pretty bloody cheap really. You'd be lucky to buy a Surly or Kona frame for that.
Nicest and most practical so far for me.

Jamie

The shipping on the red Team Replica which is now sold from the same seller was showing £103.....on the Carlton Record frame it's showing up as £189 ....so maybe if anyone is interested in purchasing the frame contact the seller to find out why the huge disparity.

"Raleigh Japan And Raleigh USA as we know are different companies to Raleigh UK . They have a more discerning market for anything retro ."

Bagpuss absolutely nails it.

The Araya Japan site is interesting (so long as you don't look at the small wheel bikes). If I'd bought one of the UK 40th bikes I would have expected something that looked like Raleigh Japan bikes and I think I would have had good reason to return it for a refund.

Re:

I will order mine from my local dealer,but will need a time machine to get back to 1974 .

Attachments

• DSC00447.JPG
    DSC00447.JPG
    244.1 KB · Views: 348
Back