New Silly Question. Mavic Help!

Have you taken that off your bike? Either way, you Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. That looks like an ordinary circlip to me.

Iwasgoodonce":1xyq70fx said:
Have you taken that off your bike? Either way, you Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. That looks like an ordinary circlip to me.

It was on a frame without a chain (one of 2012's builds that is now a 2013 build!) so no drama at all - glad it helped it you out.

I've had so much great help & advice on this forum that if once in a blue moon I can help others than that's what it's all about isn't it.

yes, indeed, bog standard clip - one small word of advice if I can be so bold - don't overtension the spring into the internal bracket else you end up with a free paper weight - http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=230923

luckily the 840 mech only has two holes for the spring but just be a bit careful

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I've sorted it by fitting the Suntour option. No matter which way I tried the spring it didn't want to work. Trouble is the Suntour looks like its missing something as well.

I can see perfectly how it works without the spring fitted. Soon as that evil twisted piece of wire comes to the party, it all turns to rat poo.

I'm going to bed. Perhaps it will look easier tomorrow night.

Iwasgoodonce":1wb0yitj said:
I've sorted it by fitting the Suntour option. No matter which way I tried the spring it didn't want to work. Trouble is the Suntour looks like its missing something as well.

I can see perfectly how it works without the spring fitted. Soon as that evil twisted piece of wire comes to the party, it all turns to rat poo.

I'm going to bed. Perhaps it will look easier tomorrow night.

It did look easier! That'll be Grumpy Commuter and Spencer's beer making things look more complicated last night.

It's together and it's on the frame. Winter bike is Go and might even be finished before the Spring!

Having said that, I'm going to strip and respray one seat stay at the weekend.

Back