New Member - Raleigh Castorama Rep info wanted!!

Is one of those bikes wearing Sante? With the 653 frame it could be a Record Ace Moderne with a custom paint order. The lack of a braze on for race number and the fact that it's 653, not 753, makes it unlikely to be a team bike.

It's Sante, but the Record Ace Moderne never had internal cable routing, or cinelli bb shell and lugs (to my knowledge that is!). It's also got Campag ends. The MOderne will have been more like the purple Special Products bike that I have

Does anyone know from the frame number what it is?

Matt_wood55":1ouagn77 said:
Here's the Team Rep, no other pics. Bought it as a fixed and want to convert it back / sell -
You want to sell the chrome one?
Let the bidding commence!

Kula

I sold it 18 months ago and have regretted it every day since!!

I looked into getting the team rep chromed, but it will be about £300, can't justify that.

Matt

Hmm, I had a Dynatech in Castorama colours regret selling that so know how you feel.
A mate of mine had the chrome one from new, but found it too heavy to race on and instead got a 753. I wish I'd had enough dosh back in those days and the forethought to have bought it off of him.

By the way, your Castorama looks like my 653 vesion, it's not on road at the moment, was built up with Dura Ace 7402 on Tubs. Have been mulling over the thought of changing the rims to HPs so good to see yours with red tyres.

They look OK don't they - the wheels were actually swapped from the purple bike for the pic. Red and purple is a bad mix, but it was my dads bike and he was colour blind!!

The Castorama won't get sold, not making that mistake again.

Any pics of yours on the site?

no pictures of mine up yet, I've got a red and black team replica frame that I sold and bought back (so maybee the Dyna will come back someday!)
also a dyna low profile and the Castorama all in various states of rebuild.
Keep dithering about which of the road frames to build first, probably the Castorama as it would only need brake and gear levers to get going again, however I would like some 8 speed STIs though.

bikemeister2000":xw8wfi2q said:
Sorry, but Workosp had closed long before we sponsored the Castorama team. It was made in Nottingham at the Lightweight Division.
:)

I thought that the 'W' stood for Worksop? :?

RooKilo":3bcthywa said:
bikemeister2000":3bcthywa said:
Sorry, but Workosp had closed long before we sponsored the Castorama team. It was made in Nottingham at the Lightweight Division.
:)

I thought that the 'W' stood for Worksop? :?

I worked at Raleigh for 22 years, including Raleigh leightweight, and Special products. I remember well when we did the frames for Castorama. :)

Back