New Member intrigued about an old AMP B4

sanfairyanne

Retro Newbie
Hey everyone, I used to race cross country back in the 90's. One of the last bikes I owned was a tricked out AMP B4. I fitted it with Judy SL's, the latest XTR , Ceramic rims (even though I had a front Hope Disk) plus lots of other über expensive gear. I raced that bike once or twice before a new job forced kicking and screaming into biking retirement. The more or less mint condition bike stayed in a box for about 14 years before I sold it to a 'friend' for £300 (yes the entire kit). I had never heard of this site until recently when someone told me they saw my bike at the show in Warwick on September 14th. It's great to know that my old bike has been taken in by a caring new owner. I wondered if anyone knew where I might find a picture. I did do a search through the galleries but nothing came up.

Many thanks.
Andy

Yes, I'd previously looked through those images but didn't see my AMP B4. I hear it was being exhibited by a Chinese national. But I know nothing more than that.

I think it was sold to ishaw on here, and then it was sold to its current owner. Possibly track it through him, as he's a regular.

Here's a link to the original sale thread, although ishaw isn't there it must have been a pm...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46124&hilit=Amp+B4

EDIT: just remembered that I changed to seat stay for a Black one from another frame as it was a larger size with a little more layback to suit my physique.

I didn't own that I'm afraid, had a few b3s pass through and still have a b5 in a box, but never had a b4. Looks nice though.

Thanks it could have been mine, though just about everything on it is different. Whatever it must have gone to a good home.

Rampage, I hope he gets in touch. I'd be keen to know if it was the same bike. I'd also like to know if he made a good profit on all the bits. I'm sure as hell I sold it all too cheap. £300 always seemed pennies compared to the £3000 + I spent on it back in the mid 90's.

Re:

Hi there, sorry the Amp B3 was imported by myself from a lady in oklahoma. Every you see ,is as it came with it when I purchased it in around 2007. I wanted one of these ever since I was a teenager :)

Back