New Little Jump Bike Project for a BIG Man.

The frame is in good shape. There is a slight ding in the top tube but nothing serious - tiny really.

The threads are all good - always a good thing.

I've gone over the frame for cracks and I can't see anything - I only paid £17.50 for the frame from Ebay - was advertised as a Trailstar but I did a bit of research and determined its a Sidekick.

There is a Sidekick build on here with Bomber Z1s on and that looks cool too.

Ah good stuff, if my facts are right the Sidekick is basically a 14" seat tube Trailstar.
There are a few DMR fans here. :D

Re: Re:

Ah yeah, so it is, so they have raised BB and so suggested a shorter fork for that kind of riding too, the Trailstar was/is jack of all trades and they tweaked the sidekick for jumping and stuff. Little things but longer forks might lift it up further, should be Ok though people have put all kinds of forks on over the years, will relax head tube angle a bit.

Yeah, I've looked at these charts loads! I must have noticed the ones I have only. :)

stevet1":l4ykfji4 said:
Couple more geo differences according to the chart I used for my Rhythm here -

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... KT_sb8274g

9mm higher BB and 90mm fork instead of 105 for the trailstar. It might differ over different years though, I'm not 100% sure.

Re:

Hi, as ever I got a bit busy at work, in the process of buying a house and holidays got in the way but I'll be sending the frame away next week for painting.

Basically been a bit busy.

Re:

Update:

Frame is done and will be posted tomorrow.

Looking forward to this...... Will get some 'sunny' sparkly photos when it arrives.

Re:

Frames arrived!

Looks like a good match to the bike I found on the internet though the light in the reception at work doesn't do it justice.

Hopefully sunny over the weekend for better photos and build.

Attachments

• PAINTED 1.jpg
    PAINTED 1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 445

Latest posts

Back