New Little Jump Bike Project for a BIG Man.

Re:

You could use Swifco in Weston-super-Mare as they've done loads of powder coating on my may bikes for me and always with brilliant finishes and brilliant service - ask for Barnaby and say Pete from Pembrokeshire sent you.

Re:

Hi,

Will check them out. Will be sending it away next week for painting so hopefully will have some build photos soon.

Though I will have to get the rear wheel re-dished but that is fairly straightforward.

BobCatMax":2ohyf6dz said:
love the colour choice, especially if you're keeping the Z1s

Hi, Thanks, Yeah, I'm keeping the Bombers.

Mark who'll paint the frame is a bit of a Raleigh Burner fanatic and I sent him photos for suggestions and he suggested trying to colour match the frame to the stickers on the bombers.

Then I found the attached photo of a DMR whilst having a search and thought that looks like great - then the search began. Enter Mark and the powder coat catalogue and the trawling of their website.

I'm probably going to take the frame up there myself at Easter time which will save on postage - plus give Mark some time to get the paint delivered.

Looking forward to getting it built now.

Attachments

• Blue.jpg
    Blue.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 795
Re:

This is a cool project but I can't help but think the bombers look too long for this frame? head angle looks very slack for a bike to take down to the track. Don't want you to spend a ton on getting a paint job to match the forks then find out you want to change them... :D

The bombers are 100mm travel so I don't think they'll be too long.

The 'mock up' photo doesn't have the headset or any spacers fitted either - I'm sure the head angle will be fine. I checked the DMR website for stats etc and the sidekick is designed around a 90 - 100mm travel fork.

I'm not changing the fork - they've been on my hit list for too long.

Hey great project. I am 6ft2 and loved my Rhythm, my trailstar not quite the same but do have some same z1 to put on it too. They were originally DH forks! They should be ok on there though and it's nice colour if you swap forks. My next is my DMR Omen, it's just occurred to me to make it single speed rather than geared. Will be fast and easy build and a fair comparison to the others!

Re:

Hi, thanks for all the compliments. Its great to get some feedback.

I've looked up Reanimation's build thread and yours looks great, kinda the look I'm going for.

I was reading the recent azonic ds1 build too a little while ago and that turned out nice (I like the whole retromod thing).

Must get this painted.

Ah great, my Trailstar(s) thread? Cheers, yeah I had some bits from my 2004 Identiti left the rest i've tried to be that era or before. The cable guides were bugging me and limited space for discs, I may put a BB5 disc on the front when the forks are rebuilt, dunno yet.

That colour does need doing! Is the frame n good shape, no heavy dings or anything?

Back