New for next year - ex pro Look 595

Retro Dan

Devout Dirtbag
Depends on your definition of Retro, but having completed my `86 Look TVT Greg Lemond replica this Summer I was pretty stunned by just how well (and fast) it rode. So in my mind, the next logical step was to build the final incarnation of the lugged Look frame - the epic Look 595.
Now, there`s not many of these around - especially as there are a number of fakes out there as well, but after 4 months of searching (ebay failed me this time - tracked one down in a little bike shop north of Paris) I hit the jackpot - a 2010 ex Cofidis Look 595 Pro Team frameset with original forks and its mega rare red pro issue Fulcrim Racing Zero`s...

look-595.JPG

look595.JPG

No groupset or handlebars so its going to be built up with the latest Campagnolo Super Record mechanical (not a huge EPS fan) with one piece Pro 130 by 42 bars and rolling on 25mm Veloflex tubs - going for a featherweight sub 7 kilo build.

No rush with this one as it won`t be wridden until after Easter - still working on the 1953 Torpado pro racer - will be fascinating to climb off one onto the other!

Cheers, Dan.

Back