New brakes - joy oh joy!

I don't understand why people buy High-end SRAM brakes instead of Hopes. But the cheaper ones are OK I suppose.

Avid brakes have a bad rep due to seized pistons. Have exchanged loads of them under warranty in my last job. To the extent that I try and avoid selling Avid brakes whenever possible now I'm the boss.

dyna-ti":3uao0l2g said:
The dual controls were always a bit of an acquired taste :? i personally didnt like the look of them probably for the same reason everyone else thought there would be ,namely the accidental braking while changing gear or accidental changing gear while braking :?
They came up on CRC clearance about 6 months ago at some crazy price like £18 a pair and im reckoning theres a number of nos ones being kept for a rainy day. ?

ok, not £ 18 but can be yours for £ 80 <-- clicky

02gf74":2ooa6ais said:
Jono_blackheart":2ooa6ais said:
Know what you mea about them being a little marmite :) personally I like them, and have the v-brake version in another bike ....

the V-brake STI that I am familiar with were two units: brake lever and shfters merged into one, the brake lever did the brakes and the two shitter levers did the gears - the hydraulic combo uses the brake lever as the shifter lever whcih makes them totally different.

I know the ones you mean, but the m760 v-brake version are the same as the hydraulic version, where the brake lever shifts as well...

Have to see how the brakes go - they are fitted now :)

I have had Juicy 7's and have just upgraded to Juicy carbons. Easy to bleed, easy to set up without rubbing on the disc and as peeps don't seem to like them much cheap too!

Back