Neglected Koga Miyata Road Winner (1979).

Nice what you have done to tidy up the Koga
spanky you have a tall girlfriend and mad looking bar ends

That was how I bought her the bike, this is about half way through the build.
Ditched the hollow-tech for M735 XT , also got a repaint and and old Tubus carrier.

(Stop hijacking other peoples threads...)

This is half way done.

rdy1.jpg

Little update.. I picked up this donor bike today:
85C6E965-1055-46C8-B63C-26CA76D5742D.jpeg
Nothing special I know but previous owner had upgraded it with blumels, Panaracer gum walls and weirdly Crank Bros stamp 1 pedals. I swapped the wheels and tyres onto the Koga, not sure if I want the mudguards on it? What do you guys reckon:
3C37C411-A687-4EE2-BA21-7E8ED4187FFF.jpeg
Koga now has matching wheelset and decent pair of tyres. Crank Bros pedals will go on my Marin Pine Mountain 1.
I’ve covered some miles on the Koga over the weekend and it’s really quite lovely for such a low budget build. Fitted some dia-compe levers too a couple of days ago as the ones I’d initially fitted were for v brakes and you’d need forearms like pop-eye to stop.
Would you stick the ‘guards on it too or leave as is? I kinda like the stripped back look of it as it sits now..?

Little update on this one. I’ve splashed out on a charge spoon saddle in brown and some matching dmr grips. Also fitted a Halo clickster freewheel which I got off another bike for maximum buzzing when coasting (saves having to fit a bell to alert people that I’m coming through!). Also chucked the blumels mudguards on, at least for now, because puddles (and they were sat on my workbench taking up space..). So this is where I’m at:
9A7BBB91-7DF7-48C2-AD85-9BB600C9090E.jpeg

Back