Need help identifying frame...

pbird74

Retro Newbie
So I picked this up based on the parts, but my curiosity is getting the best of me. The serial number was under the front derailleur, and there is a flat area underneath the driveside chainstay (presumably for a chain guide?). Also, the dropout area seems pretty unique. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_7725.jpg
    IMG_7725.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_7722.jpg
    IMG_7722.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_7723.jpg
    IMG_7723.jpg
    535 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_7728.jpg
    IMG_7728.jpg
    488.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7732.jpg
    IMG_7732.jpg
    443.7 KB · Views: 57
Hi, no clue yet, but let's try to limit the options.
- it has sockets for a so-called anti chainsuck device -> 90ties
- s-bend seat stays -> ~1994 and onward
- it's without a cable stop for cantilever brakes at the rear but not have yet disc mount sockets -> roughly between 1997 and 2011
- components if original like cranks and forks are roughly 1999 +- 1year

Last edited:
Hi, no clue yet, but let's try to limit the options.
- it has sockets for a socalled anti chainsuck device -> 90ties
- s-bend seat stays > ~1994
- It's without a cable stop for Cantilever brakes at the rear but not have yet disc mount sockets -> roughly between 1997 and 2011
- components if original like cranks and forks are roughly 1999 ÷- 1year
Thanks so much!

Just throwing an opinion into the mix. As has been said, looks to have later, and a nice collection of parts from an era that the frame suggests it is, but that said, I wonder if someone wanted to build up a nice bike for a smaller person, potentially the reason for the build as it is? I also wonder if rather than it being a chain suck mount plate, that it might be for a kick stand? I did the same type of build for my son and the small frame was a spesh hardrock, which had kick stand mounts, though out the back near the drop outs.

I'd put it around 97 for a dual slalom bike which would be my guess with the chain device.
Just throwing an opinion into the mix. As has been said, looks to have later, and a nice collection of parts from an era that the frame suggests it is, but that said, I wonder if someone wanted to build up a nice bike for a smaller person, potentially the reason for the build as it is? I also wonder if rather than it being a chain suck mount plate, that it might be for a kick stand? I did the same type of build for my son and the small frame was a spesh hardrock, which had kick stand mounts, though out the back near the drop outs.
not a kick stand, it wouldn't work on the chain side.

I know I've seen a frame with the mounting bracket there but for the life of me I can't remember what it is, I wanted to say club roost stinger but they had a gusset between top and down tube. DDG was an option but nope.
hopefullly it will come to me.

Back