Nearly there....

Re:

Some progress:

I have just walked one and a half miles into the town centre, then the same back again with a little sit down in between. That is an astonishing improvement in such a short time. I worked hard to get as fit as I could prior to surgery, so I would like to think that my efforts have paid off.

The Stoma hole in my belly has been left open with thick packing over it to help with draining from the abdomen and this appears to have virtually stopped now. I understand that it will slowly close up and heal from the inside out.

I was told that it will take 6 weeks or more to regain some sort or normal / reliable bowel control, and sadly there have been a few accidents – thankfully not today on my first big trip out. I have my first check-up with Colorectal Surgery on 9th August.

Not sure when I can swing a leg over a bike again, but if I drop the Seatpost on one of them, I reckon that I could be pedalling sometime in July.

Well blimey, it has been a bit of a journey since the initial surgery for Cancer in November 2017, but at last, we are nearly there.

Pip.

:D well done mate.

Try not to rush things too much though, you have plenty of life left in you for all the good things, and being in it is the most important bit :)

oh, and of course, if you bikes are feeling neglected you know who to call :LOL:

Mark

Re:

Just keep banging away at it mate, looks like you've turned a corner. I'm in the UK in September if you can manage a kettle?

Re: Re:

shedobits":2i9zk1sd said:
Just keep banging away at it mate, looks like you've turned a corner. I'm in the UK in September if you can manage a kettle?
Cheers Jeff - yes please do pop round if you have time.

Pip.

Re: Re:

pipmeister":3r73vipn said:
shedobits":3r73vipn said:
Cheers Jeff - yes please do pop round if you have time.

Pip.

:)

Back