Nearly there....

Its great to hear your feeling better mate, out and about and able to enjoy it once more. Rest is a wonderful thing.

Glad the weather held out for you too, bit windy here lately, which can be a bit noticeable on a bike, especially one with a full fairing. Just make sure you anticipate gusts suddenly pushing you across the road.

Another small point i noticed is you always park your bike nose in, you should always make sure your front tyre is up against the kerb to stop the bike rolling forward. Better still is to get into the habit of backing your bike in or anytime you park on a slope, no matter how small an angle, including road camber, always point your front uphill. The bike only has to roll forward a little and the sidestand will flick up and the bike will fall over, not good, even worse if parked in a row of other domino's, i mean bikes :shock: :LOL:

Re:

Cheers Mark.

The wind does scare me a bit on the Motorway, although yesterday I was going faster than I should have been - like I mentioned, those ear plugs made me do it :oops: .

I see what you mean about parking the bike uphill - the picture in Marlborough High Street is making me cringe now as it is just waiting to nudge forward and go over :facepalm: . Last week when I stopped at White Hill, I remember thinking that I should nudge the bike up to the kerb stone. I can see that parking the other way round is a much better idea - and less faffing about trying to reverse out when you leave.

Pip.

Re:

Back wheel in, against the kerb, always.

Tight space, another biker bit clumsy, parking up, gives it a nudge, or even, a particular pet hate, tries sitting on it, it's likely the sidestand will fold. Every sportsbike I've owned, I've found someone sat on it, or leaning against it, at some point. Bungs only give so much protection.

Re:

Cheers Mark, point taken.

It's odd that people don't show the same respect for someone else's property when it's a Motorbike or even a Bicycle - compared to a car for example..... regardless of its value :roll: .

If I saw someone touching my motorbike it would really piss me off; I wouldn't dream of touching someone else's car or bike..... but to sit on it :shock:, what are people like :x .

That reminds me of a little anecdote from back in the 80's. I was in Amsterdam on holiday, and was just leaving a bar owned by the Hells Angels called "The Other Place". For those who may not be aware of the Hells Angels protocol, they can give you "grief" if you even take a picture of one of their motorbikes without asking their permission. Anyway, as I came out, a small group of British loutish tourists were looking at an Angel's Harley parked outside. Then one of the girls jumps astride the Harley and gets her bloke to take a picture of her on it - Bloody Hell! :facepalm:. I moved up the street very quickly before it turned ugly.

Pip

Attachments

• The Other Place coffee shop_3.jpg
    The Other Place coffee shop_3.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 1,462
Re:

There was a makeover done on the frontage at some point with more Freak Brother pics, but I don't know which picture is older.

This second shot doesn't have the Hells Angels Back Patch font on the sign. It's called Rebel Bones Font - wouldn't be surprised if the Angels have it copyrighted!

There was a Harley engine bolted to the bar when I went in there. It was a sort of converted Beer Tap!

Pip

Attachments

• The Other Place coffee shop_4.jpg
    The Other Place coffee shop_4.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 1,436
Well the first pic is their font, and yes it i copyrighted, so they either sold it and its had to be redone or they bought it and made it theirs so to speak

Re:

Still a bit breezy today, but I took a quick trip to Wantage – a bit blowy over the Downs. Historically it used to be in Berkshire, but the Oxfordshire border moved South in 1974, and we lost the North part of the County. The town was busy and didn’t really give any clues to the Pandemic.

Alfred the Great or King of Wessex was born in Wantage, and there is a big statue of him in the centre of the Market Place.

Wantage 060720_1 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

I parked up next to a Suzuki GSX 1400, and I would say that my bike was pointing up a very slight camber, although it doesn’t look like it in this shot.

Wantage 060720_2 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Pip

Re:

I had a mixed day on Friday; the grim bit was an appointment with Colorectal Surgery at the RBH, that involved a painful procedure in Outpatients :cry: - the good bit was that I was taken there by my sister and brother in law who I haven’t seen since 27th February :D .

I was great to see them again; we even managed a bit of retail therapy in Reading after the appointment, and then a “picnic” in my back garden when we got back. We popped round to my neighbour where I keep my Kawasaki garaged, which is the first time that they have seen it. They’ve come round to thinking that it is a great idea that I bought it...... After my diagnosis, they did say to name anything that I want to do, and they will do everything they can to make it happen. They were thinking along the lines of a trip abroad or something – maybe to Kona H.Q. in Vancouver or to Hawaii to get some pictures of me next to some landmarks that became Kona models. When I told them that I was getting motorbike again, they were..... err, obviously concerned for my safety.

Anyway, I had a great trip out today, and gave it some beans up the A34 to the Ridgeway. I’m not sure how this panoramic picture will work on the RB site, but this is looking North East. You can just see Harwell over on the left, where some very complicate science takes place. The Torus project is / was there, where they were experimenting with Fusion Power, or something :? !

Ridgeway Bury Lane_1 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Pip.

Back