Natasha the Lynskey

Well, never mind as good as the original, it's even better! Love it! Plus good to see its not a 'garage queen'! Lovely build.

Re:

Thanks. I have ridden it nearly every other day since the build. It took a while to get the bar position just right, and I finally moved the last stem stacker from above the stem to below last week, this has made the biggest difference. Just moving the bars up 5mm, has taken a little weight off of the front of the bike which has taken a little but of the sag away which has changed the way the bike steers. It was good before, its even better now.

Most of the rides had been at night, but since the clocks have gone forward most of my rides have had a little sunlight.

Regarding the tubeless, I was having trouble getting the things to stay up more than 24 hours. In despair one evening I put 70 psi in the pair, and to my surprise this was all that was needed. They stayed up over night and I let them down to normal operating pressure to ride and since then I expect I only lose about 5 psi every two weeks. :)

Re:

Of course I did!. I made two of them, but they were both taken away from me when I left that job. In a funny turn of circumstance, I'm now back at that employer, and I'm now in charge!

Anyway, I neglected to update this thread. I still have the bike, but rarely use it. I have changed the forks a couple of times, the Rockshox were ok, I had some x-fusion sweeps which were fantatic but the bushes wore the colour off of the uppers so now I have some lovely BOS forks. It was used a few times last summer during lockdown.

Some pics, from IG.

Late summer 2015, forest of dean.
czKe7oe.png

Autumn 2015, local woods.
wfdrr4i.png

YxgRNmq.png

Xmas 2015, forest of dean.
j5GONz2.png

Autumn 2016, other local woods.
dJtEQqY.png

Last year during lockcown.
r7ForfU.png

I still like white forks.

Re:

Thank you Ben.

Something that I just remembered, the Thomson seat post broke down during 2017, and I was happy to learn that it had a 2 year warranty. I returned it to Merlin Cycles, they were super helpful and sent it back to Thomson to be mended. I reckon it was better after this service, it felt more solid in the up position, and had even less side to side movement than before. Top marks!

Back