Narrow alloy drop handlebars with a big drop

Jonny69

Senior Retro Guru
Hi folks, looking for some suggestions.

I'm looking for some narrow alloy drop handlebars with a big drop. I've seen some where the tops of the bars curve straight down when they come out the stem. They seem to be on old track bikes and are just what I'm looking for.

Pretty sure Nitto do some in chrome steel, but I'm looking for plain alloy. There are also some from System EX and Eighthinch but I'd prefer old bars over new. Others seem to be the right shape but are oversize (31.8mm) and won't suit the bike. I'm thinking it's got to be 25.4mm or 26.0mm.

These look like the right sort of shape but are way wide and £130 is a bit ott for my build: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180775334802

Any ideas?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
think i may have just what you're looking for hiding in my shed ill go hunt them out and put a pic up asap

found them! maybee a tad straighter on the top than you're looking for tho, but they are nice and narrow (35cm) and the drops flair really nicely , anyways there only gathering dust if you want them
IMAG0755.jpg

IMAG0756.jpg

Thanks for the offer but I'm looking for the curved top specifically. Yours must be junior size if they're that narrow?

Yes, exactly like those is what I was looking for. I ended up finding some clones of one of the big makes that were about £20. They look identical, they aren't certified and they aren't that much heavier, so they worked for me!

They looked pretty wild, but they were in fact way too low for everyday use, so they are on the shelf for if/when I get a bigger frame.

IMG_7799.JPG

Back