Name that Frame… ID as '92 RM Blizzard!!!

RockiMtn":voahpify said:
is the seat tube Prestige tubing as well? i can't get either the 26.8 or 27.2 seatpost down to even close to the upper watercage bolt area.
Actually in picture 0074 it looks more like standard Tange, with that narrowing viewed from side on, but they did only claim 'Tange Prestige Concept blend'.

But what size is the post that you said was too thin?

the 26.8mm goes farther down than the 27.2mm, but both seem to tighten up and stop well before the cage bolt area. now that you mention it, from the pic the seat tube does look like it's much narrower at the bottom bracket, than on the top.

RockiMtn":3gxqg2o8 said:
the 26.8mm goes farther down than the 27.2mm, but both seem to tighten up and stop well before the cage bolt area. now that you mention it, from the pic the seat tube does look like it's much narrower at the bottom bracket, than on the top.
It looks a bit like the one below, doesn't it? A Concept seat tube is straight when viewed from the side, and externally bulge-butted when looked at fore/aft.

I'm slightly surprised that a 27.2 will go in that one, but your problem is that the tube narrows, which is puzzling. Have you shone a torch down there to see if anything is revealed? I think lots of frames won't let you insert the post past the braze-ons, but aside from that they should generally be parallel-sided.

May I ask whether cutting the end off the 27.2 would be an acceptable solution?

Attachments

• 1994 Tange MTB seat tube.jpg
    1994 Tange MTB seat tube.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 861
no, haven't took a flashlight to the seat tube, i'll try to do that sometime this week when i get a chance. but i've pretty much decided i'll be getting two posts. a long one for myself with the saddle i'll be using, and a second, cut down post with a wider, comfy saddle for the missus. that way i can easily swap out depending on who's using it. ;)

Back