Mystery bike solved

Ok guys, I have an idea what it is. There are features that point to it being a specialized full sus frame. However, there are certain aspects of it that point to it not being a specialized. The weird shock mount, and the sparkly paint, and the underside mounted bottle cages.

Still looking, it has the features of a specialized full sus, but it’s still not it. The fact that the bend in the frame is a perfect bend but the one in the specialized isnt perfect.

Like others have said, looks like on of the many generic cheap suss frames about at the time.

Yes, but there are shame things on it pointing to it being more than a cheap sus frame, the welds are reaaaaally good, the frame is quite light, no mistakes. And a support on the bottom side upper of the downtube that no “cheap” company would put there at that time. However, I have searched the internet high and low for a bike that looks like this, even checked the serial number , to no reward (do you know a bike with a serial number starting with SF?)

Gussets were used on many frames and machine welds usually are neat. Other companies who used the same design front end often had linkage rears, the URT rear is a cheaper option.

Yes, I thinks it’s something like that, a Saracen or a Sintesi. Sadly, none of them sold a frame like this. I’ve taken of the rear triangle and found that it has enduro bearings. Now, that doesn’t mean anything, but if it was on there when the manufacturer put it on, that means it was mainly meant for that type of sport. The closest I’ve found was a specialized enduro bike which was practically the same shape, just didn’t have the multiple mounting holes. I’ve checked Halfords history, there are no bikes that look like it, who ever had it must have taken of the logos (or it never had logos depending how bad it is) so that must mean they were stickers. It is a sort of cherry red underneath and there is a very unusual feature on it, instead of being mounted on the top of the bike frame, the manufacturer has mounted both bike bottle cage mounts on the underside of the down
Tube. It is believed that when a bike is stolen, that the thief, takes of all the good bits, paints the frame and leaves it somewhere on the road or something.(because of the serial number)
"Enduro" bearings are just a brand name of reasonable quality and mid price, nothing more.

Yes, but it was the only part on the bike + the bottom bracket, which I have no tools to take it out with. I just thought that if they were called “enduro bearings” they would be used that way. I have no info on the bike so I’m just spitballing.

Back